As the only full-service POS provider — from software development to franchise incubator to ongoing support — part of Sintel’s commitment to our customers and industry is to share ideas and information. Whether you’re a first-time franchise hopeful, a small business owner or an established chain, it’s always smart to stay on top of the latest thinking in CRM and loyalty programs to achieve financial success.
In a recent article at BusinessSolutions.com, an Information Technology channel-oriented website, Russ Harty (SVP Key Accounts and Partner Channel at Merchant Warehouse) discusses what it takes to create a robust loyalty program. In this post, we’ll briefly cover the salient points of Harty’s article, “4 Things Every Successful Loyalty Program Solution Needs.”
Harty wants resellers to identify those loyalty programs that offer increased value to all parties who “touch the transaction.”
Increased Value For Merchants
Harty writes, “Merchants value loyalty programs because they allow them to build relationships with customers over time, exchanging valuable data for a better, more personalized customer experience.”
Increased Value For Customers
“Consumers value loyalty programs because they are able to get deals, discounts, and offers that they would otherwise miss out on in exchange for visiting their favorite stores.”
Here are Harty’s four main elements of every successful loyalty program solution:
– Harty sees mobile technology as having the power to overcome the historical inconvenience of loyalty programs — no more remembering to carry cards or finding the right one.
– By using contactless technology or QR code scanners, merchants can avoid extra steps to the process, which may deter anyone from using them.
2. Data Collection and Analytics
– Successful loyalty programs only work if they offer merchants useful data without overwhelming them.
– “Connect customer purchase data and identification information, build a historical profile and analyze trends to optimize their marketing and loyalty efforts,” writes Harty. “And, that visibility should be across any shopping medium, in-store, online, or mobile,” he adds. “A simple but robust dashboard is vital to helping merchants realize the true benefits of any loyalty solution.”
3. SKU-Level Tracking
– Analyzing transactions via SKU-level tracking means the ability to connect actual inventory to customer analytics. Now a merchant can know what’s sold to whom, when, and for how much.
– Over time, Harty writes, “This information can be used to develop sophisticated marketing programs even for small merchants without much time or resources.”
– Location-aware apps allow SKU-level data to inform mobile-local search queries to “drive foot traffic, increase incremental sales, and build loyalty by offering real value to customers.”
– “Don’t take a ‘one size fits all’ approach.”
– Make it easy to identify and categorize customers, and make relevant and timely offers. Harty says, “Personalization is the key for merchants to going from ‘out of touch’ and ‘self-interested’ to a favorite shop deserving of loyalty in the eyes of the consumer.”
Just as we share our vast point of sale (POS) experience and expertise with startup owners in order to help them make the best decisions from the very beginning, we at Sintel Systems are happy to share articles, advice and commentary about the retail restaurant market.
If you are interested in learning more about Sintel’s POS systems and how our knowledge and support can impact your future success, call us for a complimentary phone consultation.
Read the full BusinessSolutions.com post here, free with registration.
Sintel Systems is the only full-service provider of tailored Point of Sale systems across retail, restaurant and service industries, including frozen yogurt shops, pizzerias, sushi restaurants, cafés and retail stores.
As a single source for business solutions, our experienced, knowledgeable team negotiates the complex POS landscape for you to enable you to find the right POS system for your business and budget. Hardware – Software – Support