In her post, “Females and Franchising: No Longer A Man’s World,” on the entrepreneur-oriented website SmallBusinessBonfire.com (SBB), Amanda Richter outlines the challenges and opportunities women have in considering a franchise career.
We have blogged in the past about the five factors that make a difference to influence franchise success. In this post we’ll summarize the highlights of Ms. Richter’s remarks about women and franchising.
Just as we happily share our vast point of sale (POS) experience and expertise with start up owners in order to help them make the best decisions from the very beginning, we at Sintel Systems are happy to share articles and commentary about the retail franchise market.
Richter’s salient points include:
• Although females represent more than half the U.S. population, only 28.7% of all small businesses are currently owned by women, according to statistics reported by the U.S. Census Bureau.
• For women, being heard is a struggle in many industries. Franchises have good communication channels.
• Franchises are far more stable than most traditional businesses.
• Franchises have corporate guidance that may free up working moms for other opportunities.
• The SBB blog specifically mentions the hospitality industry, food service industry and retail industry as being particularly welcoming to businesswomen.
A number of resources were included in Richter’s SBB post, including:
– The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Women-Owned Businesses page, available here.
– Payroll/accounting giant Intuit’s Labor Law Posters are available for sale here.
– Entrepreneur.com’s informative slideshow, “7 Tips for Women Who Want to Own a Franchise,” is available here.
Before you make your franchise move, consider calling Sintel Systems for a free phone consultation to help weigh and understand your POS options. We serve as a franchise incubator for clients across the retail, restaurant and service industries, forming lasting partnerships with our clients that you simply can’t get from a reseller.
Read the full SmallBusinessBonfire.com post here.
Sintel Systems is the only full-service provider of tailored Point of Sale systems across retail, restaurant and service industries, including frozen yogurt shops, pizzerias, sushi restaurants, cafés and retail stores.
As a single source for business solutions, our experienced, knowledgeable team negotiates the complex POS landscape for you to enable you to find the right POS system for your business and budget. Hardware – Software – Support